Monday 13 June 2011

Ramble On & On....

You see what happens?!?!

I was not, and I am still not, happy with my previous blog post.

My brain seems to be short-circuiting and I am unable to convey the message I would like in my writing.

Now, having a perfectionist trait makes this difficult for me but I will leave it out there in the interests of the "bigger picture".

My reason for doing so was my need to let you know that I'm still here.... selfish?.... moi?

One day I will wonder what all the fuss was about and be proud that I "let it all hang out".

I'm not there yet so.... *suck it up big boy!*

In the midst of this imagined chaos I have made some progress....

But I didn't feel I could record these events and do them justice.... *get over yourself fat boy!*

Yes, well, easier said than done.

Progress, right....

I managed to make it to an appointment with my Endocrinologist in April (I think) when I was not feeling great at all.

I think this helped in a weird way because it must have been obvious to the Endo that I wasn't on terra firma.... I am a poorly boy.

My endo casually dropped into the conversation; "I can prescribe you Natural Desiccated Thyroid, let's see how your next blood tests are and we'll take it from there."

This contradicted previous statements made to my face, MY FACE.... but I remained "Kool and the Gang"....

The moment has passed but not been forgotten....

Can I carry a grudge?!?!

Anyway....

I need to arrange a blood test this week ahead of my appointment with my Endo next week.

The problem is I am feeling really shit at the moment. But....

This could be a defining moment in my journey to wellness....

I need this.

I want this.

I am hoping NDT will help me feel better day to day.

The Endo better come through on this.

My legendary patience (ennui) will assist me with this I'm sure.

It could be the answer, or, it may be one part of the answer....

But I will know.

I need to know.

I want you to know.

I want you to see the best of me.

You deserve nothing less.

3 comments:

  1. You're so lucky that your endo mentioned NDT! :) a lot of people I've spoken to online felt so much better on NDT compared with standard thyroxine, so I'm hopeful that you'll be on the road to recovery too :) all the best, (team thyroid!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that NDT works for you, its what my doctor started me on and I have had 8 months of bettering health (am a bit skew whiff just now but am sure that will be sorted soon). All the very best Robert. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Robert you deserve a break. That sink into poverty with no energy to be able to take control and a policy climate the very opposite of supportive it's all so unfair. Maybe you will be one of the people ndt will help. I hope so. I really hope so. Sending every positive and hopeful vibe possible your way. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.