Sunday 29 September 2013

Hypoman's Diary/Dragonfly

"Just dragonflies
Flying to our side
No one gets hurt
You've done nothing wrong"

Codex, by Radiohead



Hello again, only me!

This diary thing I am trying to do will be better done in arrears so to speak. One day in arrears is the endeavour.

Yesterday was a good day. All things being equal. Where I am on my journey...

It started just after 06:00 and upon making it down stairs I had the customary two glasses of water and allowed my 10mcg of T3 to melt under my tongue.

At 07:30 I had my first dose of vitamin C and B complex vitamin before making my breakfast porridge.

I like routine.

Just as well really as routine is essential for me to have any chance of being the best of me.

I am a creature of habit.

Good and bad.

I remembered that I had forgotten to take my probiotic again, only this time I had forgotten to buy some more. 

I ran a few errands which included a visit to an orchard farm shop less than a mile from my home where I bought plums and cooking apples.

Four loads of washing were done, pegged out, got in and folded over the course of the day.

Despite being a good day I didn't make any progress thyroid theory wise, or in posting up results.

A bad habit.

The good is that I get there eventually.

I had a wonderful salad for lunch and the tomatoes, given to me by my godfather from his allotment (didn't The Godfather die amongst his tomatoes?), were perfectly ripe.

This being a good day a wave of fatigue still knocked me off my feet in the middle of the afternoon. It's not the type of fatigue where you take a nap and everything is OK. No, this is awful, this is fatigue in every inch of my body including the brain. 

You. Just. Shut. Down.

I came out of it rather like a boxer stupidly getting up off of the canvas to take yet more punishment.

Does this qualify as sadism?

Anyway, mother nature lifted my spirits when I saw this in the garden, on the clothes prop whilst getting the washing in.



Said dragonfly from this blog post's title.

This was taken with my iPhone without a zoom so it was close enough to whisper in my ear.

I had forgotten to get a portion of curry out of the freezer so for dinner I ate crisps (potato chips) and grazed on fruit and nuts throughout the evening. I could feel the lack of nourishment draining me.

Luckily I am not this stupid often.

I remembered to take my B12 lozenge and vitamin C at lunchtime.

I remembered to take my B complex and vitamin C in the evening.

I have reintroduced vitamin D3 (3,000iu), which I also take in the evening in the hope that it mimics a day in the sun.

I have noticed since stopping all supplements ahead of blood work that my skin has suffered. I am getting quite a few ingrowing hairs in my stubble. I normally get one or two once in a while. The skin on my face also has a waxy quality to it at the moment. I am thinking this is because of not taking my essential omega 3-6-9 oils.

From dipping in and out of thyroid pages on facebook I was reminded that I am not alone, even if those closest to you do not really get it.

I have a few real world friends who do get it.

And I have friends online that I have only made because of thyroid disease.

Good people.

In the evening I watched Strictly Come Dancing (Dancing With The Stars) on the telly... a guilty pleasure.

Another day flat out busy doing nothing in particular.

But that is everything I had to give today.

And with the time being 22:00 off to bed I went prepared to fight the good fight once more tomorrow.

Remember, for as long as we have hope we have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.