Saturday 18 September 2010

Groundhog Day......

......I keep repeating the same pattern of behaviour and it goes something like this......

Most evenings I have the same thought; "if I feel like this when I wake up tomorrow I will be able to have a productive day".

Sucker!!!!

You see it is in the evening when I feel most human...... mentally I am at my sharpest and physically I feel quite perky.

And I am full of hope......

Then reality kicks in...... why does it have to kick in...... so inconsiderate!

I feel tired so I go to bed...... still thinking...... "if I get to sleep then nirvana awaits me in the morning".

Sucker!!!!

Inevitably getting to sleep is an ordeal...... sometimes I have to get out of bed go downstairs and start the process all over again.

So, finally, I get to sleep...... sweet dreams and all that...... then morning comes......

Groundhog Day!!!!...... I feel like death warmed up......

I make my way downstairs with this deafening racket ringing in my ears......

It is hope's Antichrist...... reality!

SUCKER!!!!

By now it is the middle of the day and I have managed to reboot and I am functioning about as efficiently as my broadband connection...... private joke...... I trust you can work it out!

During this Utopia I am supposed to have the time to concentrate...... yeah, right...... on getting better, acquiring knowledge, and what's it called...... that's right...... living!

Sucker!!!!

Do not despair...... during all of this I have somehow managed to make progress. And anyway during the remainder of the day I continue to warm up...... to the point where on my better days I treat you all to a blog post...... lucky you!

Now who's the sucker!!!!...... oh come on, that has got to be worth a laugh!

The fellow obsessives amongst you will have noticed my penchant for...... dots(?) today...... and each time six of the precious beauties...... and a liberal sprinkling of exclamation marks!

So, as the day draws to a close a thought occurs to me;  "if I feel like this when I wake up tomorrow I will be able to have a productive day"......

3 comments:

  1. Oh,you sound just like my son! With the sleep problems and feeling better later in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all points to adrenal fatigue, Robert......

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.