Wednesday 20 October 2010

Trust me, this is funny....

.... I've just been re-reading the gumph on International Thyroid Awareness Week 2010.... now I hope you're sitting comfortably because I am so embarrassed.... it is not this week but was actually the week from 24th to 30th May 2010.... d'oh!!!!

Let me explain....

I saw on t'internet that it was UK Thyroid Awareness Week and then just got carried away "researching".... oh go on then.... Googling, between you and me!!!!

I made the huge leap of faith and connected the two! Do I feel silly?.... yes, very!!!!

I try to be careful because of "brain fog" but I failed on this occasion.... but still, no excuse!

I hope this illustrates a point.... now work with me here.... I was not aware of any awareness weeks or months to be honest and I've looked into hypothyroidism support quite a bit.... we need to adopt the American Thyroid Awareness Month which is every January, and re-brand it as "World Thyroid Awareness Month" for January 2011.

There is no room for ego in the arena of patient advocacy.... they give themselves to the cause for the greater good.... they are selfless.... and I for one applaud them.

Too many "shop fronts" on the internet are confusing.... especially with the lovely "brain fog".... or if you are new to thyroid "issues".... or if you are simply intellectually challenged like me!.... yes I can laugh at myself!!!!.... so you can too!!!!

The suffering you read about and I myself have experienced really is not funny.... how many millions of people are needlessly suffering?

My journey has been many things.... but it has made me determined to use it for the good of others.... and by association, me.... if I am given the chance.

I we all pull in the same direction and work as a team we can achieve palpable results....

....or maybe I'm just deluded?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.