Tuesday 26 October 2010

Heartache....

....one of the many weird and wonderful symptoms of Hypothyroidism has paid me a visit!

Costochondritis no less!.... thanks Mary!

wikipedia.org/wiki/Costochondritis

This is inflammation of the rib cartilage to you and me. And you'll just have to trust me on this.... it is very painful.... and until diagnosis just a little disconcerting. You see, the pain I experience is in the upper left side of my chest.... directly over the heart!

What with me being a worrier and not a warrior I thought a shit-storm was approaching.... it turns out I was just pissing into the wind!

Unpleasant?.... Yes!
A heart attack?.... No!

The nurse at my Doctor's Surgery gave me an ecg.... electrocardiogram.... which was ok, and checked my blood pressure.... which was slightly high, but better than when taken at the hospital a couple of weeks ago.

So to sum up, I have ended up feeling relieved.... but still in intermittent pain.... enough to wake me up during sleep.... which is over-rated! The only course of action is time.... aided by Ibuprofen.... an anti-inflammatory pain relief.

Thinking about it.... there could still be a shit-storm on the horizon.... the report from my appointment with the endocrinologist!.... surely a masterpiece!!!!

Ahhh.... that's better.... equilibrium has been restored.... I do have something to worry about!

When will it end?

Will it ever end?

How will it end?

What is it?....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.