Tuesday 7 December 2010

Fogbound....

.... and it sucks!!!!

Just when I thought I could see redemption on the horizon, fog has descended thicker than I can remember for a long time.

My good natured humour has deserted me.... only to be replaced by my dear old friend.... self-pity!

With a generous helping of sarcasm and cynicism thrown in!.... it really is a heady brew!.... mulled wine?.... go fuck yourself!

Happy days indeed!

I am a recluse!.... yet even me.... I'm sick of myself.... it is just as well I don't count.... c'est la vie!

Anyway, where am I?

I am about halfway through writing my letter to my Doctor.... plan of action 2011  ....and it has been this way for a few days now.... but as soon as there is improvement I will complete it.... and share it with you.

I have taken my temperature every morning, before getting out of bed, for ten days.... as advised.... what for?.... as yet I do not have a clue.... but whatever, it is done!

I have received comments and would like to comment on these and a couple of blogs that I follow.... I am not able to prepare a coherent response at the moment....

So all in all taking into account the fact that this time of year is my nemesis....  Autumn/Winter & The Holidays....

.... I'm hardly a bundle of laughs.... it's just so foggy in here!!!!

Remember.... for as long as we have hope we have a chance.... bite me!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Believe me - I have BEEN THERE! The brain fog - the lack of motivation - the being a recluse. I was staying home most of the time, unable to attend birthday parties, unable to get out on my own until well into my treatment - this is normal when you are not well - it does go away as you start to improve and it will for you once you are treated too.

    It took me weeks to write my 'Dear Dr' letter - do not be put off by the letter taking ages. I ended up finishing the letter the morning of the appointment - and I had a couple of months to prepare it! Don't be put of if this doctor doesn't want to help you - you will find one who does eventually now you are determined to do so.

    Anyway - don't worry about not replying, I know how you're feeling and believe me, it does get better from here! Head down, grit the teeth, one step at a time - you will get there... it gets easier as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hypoman:
    My name is Elaine. I live in the US and I found your blog through Mary shamon as I recieved as much info on Hypothyroidism as possible. I too was recently diagnosed and suffered every symptom and then some. I myself am trying to understand whether my T-4 is converting to T-3 in my system, will know that after my next blood work up. But enough about me, I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you as a human being and think you a brilliant writer who conveys so much of what I have felt in the past as It took over 1 year to finaly get my diagnosis. As silly as it may sound, prior to my diagnosis, I was at a point where I didn't care anymore if they had diagnosed me with cancer, I just wanted to know what in the hell was wrong with me. You convey in exact word and emotion, exactly what I had and in some respects, still do. I can assure you that as everything finaly gets adjusted, you will feel like a human again. Again I thank God for people like you who are so open and honest about what we go through with having this disease. Much love and blessings to you.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.