Thursday 17 February 2011

AWOL....

Absent With Out Leave....

I'm sorry for the silence.... it has been more than two weeks since my last confession!

I'm in a funk due to my old adversary.... constipation!

Can my energy levels get any lower?

I have that horrible bloated feeling.... so I am uncomfortable and grumpy!

My bowels are moving each day.... hurrah!

I have increased my MOVICOL intake from one to two sachets per day.

Looking back through my copious notes.... the last time I changed to my current T4 dose of 137.5mcg I experienced a prolonged period of bowel discomfort.... oh, the joy!

Those fortunates whose digestive transit is a model of efficiency.... oh, the joy!

I'm trying to keep a lid on my renowned sarcasm which can so easily slide into self-pity!

In the background there is genuine good news.... I am holding on to the gains made since starting on VitaminD3!

So when I can say "good riddance" to this period of discomfort I will be ahead of the game!

When I am in one of these "funks" my creative juices dry up and my general enthusiasm for life "goes for a burton"!

Do not fear.... these feelings will pass.... well I bloody well hope so.... no, they will!

I know what I need to do to make long term gains in my personal health and future quality of life.... but I am still learning to surrender to "episodes" like the one I am currently experiencing.... and accept them for what they are.... a "time-out"....

It's no good getting frustrated as this comes hand in hand with negative feelings resulting in the perfectionist part of my personality putting pressure on little ol' me....

At times like these I'm going nowhere fast!

In the immortal words of Liam Gallagher and Oasis'; I'm Outta Time.... you gotta keep on keepin' on....




I hope you enjoyed that offering.... and in the spirit of doing my talking through songs here's Bon Jovi's; Keep The Faith....




I still have faith in myself to make 2011 my year!

For as long as there is hope we have a chance.... yadda yadda....

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! hey i been reading ur blog on your constipation, one thing tha really works for me its having a bowl of whole wheat cereal a day, it really helps me to keep the intake of fiber on good levels so i dont have any probs.. try eating them w some natural yogurt too.. i'm also taking vitamin D and B Complex and my energy levels are high.. maybe it can work for u too. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.