Thursday 1 November 2012

#1 Why I Write About My Health #NHBPM



I am back.

I am sorry.

What is this blog post all about?

Please allow me to explain...

November 2012 is WEGO Health's National Health Blog Post Month (#NHBPM)...
2012 may be winding down, but Health Activism is going strong. Let’s rejuvenate our blogs and do one last advocacy project before we head into 2013.
You may have heard about National Blog Posting Month or NaBloPoMo, a month dedicated to the art of blogging, taking it to a new level by pushing all participants to blog every single day of the month.
Well, we are doing our own Health Blogger version all month long. NHBPM 2012 is here! Sign up now to join the 30 day carnival and get 60+ prompts catered specifically to online health leaders, bloggers, and anyone who wants to try their hand at blogging about health.  
We'll also be spotlighting your health blogs throughout the month of November so be sure to let us know if you're interested in being featured.
 WEGO Health : Join National Health Blog Post Month


A little more information about WEGO Health...
WEGO Health is a different kind of social network, built from the ground up for the community leaders, bloggers and tweeters who are actively involved in health online. WEGO Health is a platform for committed health advocates to foster new relationships, gain access to helpful resources, and to grow their communities. And it’s free.
Our goal is to equip our network with opportunities designed for the active contributor,relevant content, powerful educational resources and shareable interactive media. We hope that the bloggers, tweeters, and community leaders that we call Health Activists will find inspiration, strength and support here.
WEGO Health : About Us


I would have liked to have been able to embed the above pages within this blog post, to make it look more "proficient" (whatever the word is to describe that it looks like I know what I'm doing), but I do not know how to do it... or if it is even possible in blogger... I could not find any help.

That is the housekeeping done, on with the show...

WEGO Health have found it in the kindness of their heart to provide a prompt for a blog post for each day of November.

The prompt for today is (as if the title of this post did not give it away!)...

"WHY I WRITE ABOUT MY HEALTH"

A good question.

I started this blog in the summer of 2010. It seemed like a natural progression to my increasing awareness that hypothyroidism was a chronic illness, it was not going anywhere, and that I had it for life.

So I had better get used to it.

I still have not got used to it.

I still think that one day I am going to get "better".

I write about my life with hypothyroidism to try to make sense of it all when those around me in the "real world" think it is "no biggy".

When I began to educate myself about my illness I found a beautifully fragile and complicated online community. A community where I was accepted. With open arms. Where people understood.

Where I found hope.

Hope is why I am still here today.

I will not give up.

I now know (and feel) that I am not alone on my journey through life.

A beautiful inspiring thing.

A comfort blanket for the dark days.

You are welcome to share in my journey.

See you tomorrow.

Remember, for as long as we have hope we have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.