Friday 9 November 2012

#6 News Style Post: The Science Behind "Brain Fog" Revealed #NHBPM


BREAKING NEWS :

THE SCIENCE BEHIND "BRAIN FOG" REVEALED

We all know that our metabolism is clobbered by hypothyroidism.

But did you know the brain is so energy hungry in humans that it accounts for 20% of the resting metabolic rate?

Twenty percent!

Yet it makes up just 2% of body mass.

No, me neither.

The penny has dropped.

It makes sense now.

My shrink-wrapped brain had been unable to join the dots.

The Guardian, 22 October 2012 : Invention Of Cooking Made Having A Bigger Brain An Asset For Humans

I will regurgitate this information when I next meet my endocrinologist, my doctor, or anyone else who will listen to me for that matter.

Remember, for as long as we have hope we have a chance.






1 comment:

  1. What an awesome blog! Is there a way to private message you here?

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.