Saturday 3 November 2012

#3 I Don't Know About This, But I'd Like To #NHBPM



Is it only day 3 already?!

WEGO Health, I will hunt you down, and when I find you I will jab my finger at the nearest #NHBPM poster and utter these immortal words...

"I don't know about this, but I'd like to."

*blows raspberry*

This pretty much sums up my life "living" (am I living a LIFE?) with a chronic illness (the autoimmune disease Hashimoto's thyroiditis resulting in hypothyroidism).

"Living" my LIFE through a laptop screen is a sobering experience.

It is my portal on the world, my health cost me my job and my dignity (forced to "beg" for welfare benefits).

One of the many ironies of my LIFE is that on the rare occasion I feel up to doing something/anything I do not have the money.

A familiar tale of woe.

Boring.

"Whaddya gonna do."

*in best Tony Soprano voice*

Enough.

Looking for answers, if I had a penny for every time I've thought: "I don't know about this, but I'd like to."

Well you know.

So what prevents me?

My disgustingly poor memory.

An unwelcome symptom of hypothyroidism.

I can invest a not inconsiderable amount of time researching/reading/listening and a little less than fuck all actually sticks.

The more demanding the material the easier it slips into the abyss.

But.

Hope keeps me coming back for more.

"I don't know about this, but I'd like to."

I do exactly the same thing when daydreaming about the LIFE I would like to live.

A futile fantasy.

Acceptance/denial is a battle to be fought every day.

Every day.

But, hope keeps me coming back for more.

So on that note.

See you here tomorrow?

Remember (irony! *winks*), for as long as we have hope we have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.