Sunday 4 November 2012

#4 How Do I Decide What To Share #NHBPM



Today is day 4 of WEGO Health's National Health Blog Post Month (#NHBPM): "How Did I Decide What To Share. What Do/Don't I Share."

And on the sabbath! *mock horror*

So how did I decide what to share?

It was easy.

Everything.

Everything relating to MY LIFE "living" with a chronic illness.

I see things in black and white.

I am learning to find room for some grey in my life.

A sliver.

It's a start.

Just not fifty shades!

After suffering a nervous breakdown I was diagnosed with an "extremist personality", clinically known as Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), MindWikipedia.

I now know I had a nervous breakdown because of undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

Either way it lead to a diagnosis.

Eventually.

Dark Days.

Black.

Metaphorically my life with chronic illness is now grey.

(If you are wondering: yes, I do "do" irony)

Not yet into the light.

But progress.

I digress.

When I started this blog the only way it would work for me was if I told the whole story.

No sugar coating.

If I was to help myself and others.

Everything.

Honesty is important to me.

I have trust issues.

I believe that democracy has to be secular.

So too my blog.

Hypothyroidism > Hashimoto's Thyroiditis > Thyroid Health > Chronic Illness > Mental Health > Gluten Free.

This is MY LIFE.

I have room for little else.

But when I do.

I've even been known to share my joie de vivre.

Remember, for as long as we have hope we have a chance.

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading your blog and I am loving it! There are many things I want to comment on and *someday* I probably will. This I had to comment on immediately. I had a 23 year old niece diagnosed with BPD who eventually commited suicide. So, to a very small extent, I know the horror you have (are?) experienced. I also have several chronic illnesses, one of which is hypothyroidism (undiagnosed), so I also commiserate with you there. I just want to say that we all have to keep up the fight, no matter how difficult it sometimes is. My name is Melanie and I truly will visit and comment again!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.