Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Fog.... of the brain variety....

I am just 4 weeks into a change in dosage of my T4 only synthetic thyroxine medication; 125mcg per day down from 137.5mcg per day.

This is the game the Endocrinologist wants me to play.... so until I have the strength and energy to progress my plan of action I will continue to play the game in my usual obedient manner!

I digress.... the reason for this post is to announce to the world that I am now enmeshed in brain fog.... yippee!!!!.... I know that in time it will pass.... but all the same it never fails to be anything less than very frustrating!

So my thought processes, concentration levels and accessing the genius(....lol!) part of my brain, are all restricted..... I know.... you'd never of noticed if I hadn't brought it to your attention!

So I spent a little time Googling for poetry about fog and found the following poem.... which anyone who has experienced The Fog.... of the brain variety.... will be familiar with.... enjoy....


The Fog by Andrew D Robertson


Oh fog! Oh fog!
What do I see?
Nothing! Nothing!
I can't even see me!

Oh fog! Oh fog!
Why are you so mean?
Go away! Go away!
Just let me be me!

Oh fog! Oh fog!
What can I say?
You've painted this morning
A thick shade of grey.

Oh fog! Oh fog!
What can I do?
I'm goin' on home,
But I'll walk with you.


Will you continue to walk with me?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there

    Your symptom of brain fog you talk about a lot is obviously a symptom of hypothyroidism (of course you know this), but what I don't understand, is why are you reducing your meds? Are you getting hyper symptoms too?

    I used to get terrible brain fog, and do still get it once in a while now, but not much these days, since increasing my meds - but I am taking Armour not any synthetics. I still do also get the odd bout of hyper symptoms too, all part of autoimmune thyroid disease unfortunately.

    I also try to not take too much notice of my blood results but to how I am feeling.

    I am sorry if this is old rope to you...

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.