Monday 22 November 2010

Bad days, really bad days....

.... who's counting?.... that's right.... the one with the extremist personality.... me!

Jesus!.... It's been more than a week since I was last able to post....

The last couple of weeks have been like a constant kick in the balls!

It's still the "brain fog" episode....

I am living up to my billing in that I feel extremely cretinous at the moment.... since discovering the true meaning of the word cretin a few weeks ago it has provided me with much needed laughter.... what this says about my sense of humour is anybody's guess.... perhaps it's steeped in my instincts for self-deprecating humour as a defence mechanism.... you know, poke fun at myself before others do, which started at the same time as the first symptoms of Hypothyroidism began to appear in me as a child.... dramatic weight gain and delayed puberty.... wow!.... I do way too much thinking!!!!.... eureka!!!!

If, like me, you have Hypothyroidism that is not being effectively treated you will be familiar with the following scenario.... you only realise how good the bad days are when you are having a run of really bad days!

At least on bad days I am able to cling onto glimmers of hope.... even if it is false hope.... see my Groundhog Day post....

On really bad days success is measured by the "simple" things.... like getting out of bed.... making sure I drink enough fluids.... and taking my medication.... that is supposed to make this all go away and make me feel human again..... aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

.... oh what folly!

I'm laughing so hard that tears are running down my face.... metaphorically.... the tragedy is they are real.... the ones that I only let you.... my dear dear readers see.

But what have I learnt on this interminable journey?.... that's right.... the really bad days eventually pass to be replaced by the blessing that is bad days.... now bad days I can handle....

When this "brain fog" has lifted I will post about my plan of action.... which is swirling about in the labyrinth of my mind.... when will the fun and frolics ever end?.... what's that?.... never?.... you better believe it!

As a footnote.... I have encountered a few more brave souls who have been courageous enough to share their story, the story that is incredibly personal to them, with those of us in the know.... you know who you are.... and I salute you.

For as long as there is hope we have a chance....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, positive or negative.
Please do not be abusive as these comments will not be shown.
Thank you, Robert.